Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sewing Insanity

This was delievered to my door about a week ago...Apparently its a sewing machine. My first in my 19 years of marriage. I swore I would never own one, cause that would require me to sew. Something I said I would never do....But I did mention to the Superman several weeks ago that I could make this really cool thing on Pinterest if had a sewing machine....I guess he took that as a dare and surprised me with this as a late birthday, early Christmas present.....
Nothing to fancy, but I was scared to touch it. My past experiences with sewing machines have not ever been positive, my mother usually taking over after I jammed her fancy machine for the tenth time in an hour (no I would never do such a thing on purpose, would I?). So for several days I stared at my machine like a monkey doing a math problem....Then Holly decided to help me....

"You know mom, you could read the instructions" ..."But that's what I had you for"....She had the thing threaded, and running in ten minutes. And in an hour had made a make-up bag, lined and with a ZIPPER.....she actually paid attention in Home Ec....

It will take me months to work up to a zipper.
Today was my first attempt with the machine....
Felt Piggy Banks....

Don't look to close...but it will do for a first attempt

Hey Holly,  maybe I could sew your Grad Dress....what????

2 comments:

  1. In the immortal words of Captain Picard, "Make it sew!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (As a semi closet trekkie, LOL Gary, friend of Robin ;)

    ReplyDelete