Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sisters

Okay, as kids we never looked like siblings, much less twins,  but as adults I have to admit we look way more alike....

I saw a sign in the airport once that said: "God made us sisters, Prozac made us friends"
Now it wasn't Prozac for us, we needed stronger meds  ;) It is an unbreakable bond that forms when you share a childhood and beyond full of joy, difficult heartbreak, uncertainty, loss, and hopeful optimism. One of my sweetest tender mercies in life is my sister...Heavenly Father knew I would always need someone by my side and because of my twin, I have never had to walk through loss or heartache alone.

We were asked twice in the days following my Dad's death. "Soooo, how does it feel being orphans now?!?" I'm thinking they meant well, but not exactly the first worlds of comfort that I would think to share....The first time I stood there slightly stunned, because the fact that we are now orphans hadn't really sunk in...the second time I had to walk away, because the crazy comment made me snicker and want to break into a rousing rendition of "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow"...its just how my brain works....

How does this orphan feel...
It sucks.
It makes me sad.
It is a relief of sorts.
You know that feeling you have right after you get off the scrambler or zipper at the carnival....that's really how I feel. Like my body is going through the motions but my head is still spinning. Its going to take sometime to catch my breath.

 {So please be patient with me, but don't ignore me, my heartache, or grief}
The last two weeks have been hard, really hard, but I know one thing for sure,  
My sister is a super hero....trust me. I guess she's bat(wo)man and I'm Robin :)





1 comment:

  1. i am sorry your father passed away, while i know he is in a better place it is hard to accept and deal with all of the emotions attached to losing a parent/ loved one. i feel sad even tho i have never met your dad or sister, and only have been in your life a short time. i cried with many of the posts about your father and laughed as well (converse shoes are in my closet atm, the red ones, just not high tops)

    i say take all the time you need and lean on those close to you and your family when you need help, i am sure there are many

    take care Robin and family

    ReplyDelete