Friday, June 22, 2012

The Wait, What? Award

"You're gonna look nice, right Mom", Alex says as she walks in my bedroom to say good bye this morning (no I hadn't gotten out of bed yet)

"Well if a hoodie, shorts and tevas count as nice, then yes?!" Alex promptly rolls her eyes at me....

She is dressed to the nines....a dress she stole borrowed from an older sister, hair perfectly straighted and curled, ballerina flats, earrings, necklace, not a detailed missed and its only 7:45 am. This can't be my offspring.

Its grade 7 "grad" today and apparently is kind of a big deal...

I got an email and a phone call last week telling I needed to attend.... Alex was getting some kind of award (they did not say what the award was for). Award ceremonies are right up there with band concerts for me, but I promised I would go and behave myself.

"Alex this award better be worth it !" I told her this morning...."Mom!!!"


Holly and I went to support Alex (Alex asked Holly to keep me in line and make sure I didn't embarrass her)....

Alex received her grad certificate and then we waited and waited and waited ....Alex's name was finally announced for the "All Around Student " Award  (best in Citizenship, Academics and Athletics)...."Wow!!! This can't be my child!"  Okay Alex I guess that's good enough and worth the claustrophobia and agoraphobia ;)



So very proud of her. Way to go Alex.

1 comment: