Saturday, June 30, 2012

Drive Thru {Me} Crazy :)

My Superman is kinda neurotic, but I have to admitt it's rather fun....

Holly, Grant and I head through the DQ drive thru,Last night, after picking up Holly from work:

Back story....

 Now after 19 years of marriage I am fully trained in the Grant Kramer drive thru protocol.... an unwritten set of rules all are  expected to abide by when ordering at a drive thru or any resteruant situation for that matter...

Rule one: Know what you want to order before one even rolls up to the speaker....if you don't say anything he will order your usual, whether you wanted that or not.

Rule Two:No Special Orders: He will say Big Mac ,  He will not say "hold the pickles" or "no lettuce" or "can you pick the seeds off my bun" Eat it as they prepare it, pick it off yourself  or starve.

Rule Three:Never talk, sneeze, laugh or burp in the car, when the superman is ordering, he will drive away, before we embarass him further....

and the most important rule of all...

Rule Four: Never, ever pay with change...he just can't do it...his eyes will roll in the back of his skull and his head will spin...trust me...its rather amusing.


Last night as we pull up....I say I want a mint chip shake (he doesn't see it on the menu) and gives me the "No Special orders" glare until he spots in on the menu....Holly can't decide between a dilly bar and a peanut buster bar so Grant decides for her....and when Grant said peanut buster parfait, it sounded like he said penis buster parfait which made us laugh in hystarics...

We now have broken most of the drive thru rules,  when we pull up to the window, until Holly says, with a certain gleam in her eye... "Dad aren't you going to pay with change... We (Holly and me, for some reason Super didn't find it funny at all) can't see, much less breathe now.

It might be a while until we are forgiven for our complete drive thru contempt...We still love our Superman

1 comment:

  1. Tell Grant that I know exactly how he feels! Must be a guy thing!

    ReplyDelete