Sunday, March 23, 2014

Escaped!!!

When I realized we had an appointment in Nanaimo Friday and that Superman had to attend the Nanaimo Ward Conference and Stake Priesthood Meeting on Sunday...it would be a fabulous opportunity to ESCAPE for the weekend...
(sure I love my kids, but liking them ALL of spring break, really???)
 
I was met with Superman's very lack-lustre FINE!
 
Good enough for me, haggled by spring break, I jumped and made reservations...
 
Friday we threw everything in the van, gave the kids the don't-kill-each-other-or-burn-the-house-down speech and ran away took off...
 
They were just as happy to wave good bye, as were we...
 
FREE!!!!
 
Checked in...Met the least friendly receptionist in the history of hospitality, the fact that she LOVED her job, oozed from every pore, seriously it was comical and both Grant and I walked up to our room laughing....
 
Counselling...
Dinner...
Shopping...
In bed early...
 
Superman rolls over some where near midnight...
 
"Did you grab the bathroom bag???"
 
"No!"
 
"Did you??"
 
"No!"
 
Awesome....
 
(thankfully I had thrown meds in our main bag)
 
In the morning it was my job to go down and see if the hotel had any toiletries to buy...
 
Miss Happy Pants again (great)..."No" but she goes into an office, and brings me a baggie of toiletries, just for idiot travellers like myself :)
 
 .
 
 
Superman was thrilled about using Lady Speedstick...so we dropped $50 at target to fix our faux pas, anyway.


I didn't dare use the waffle machine...so Fruit(loops) and Hot Chocolate, for breakfast, it was. :)
 
 
 We saw most of Divergent...
{if you have to go potty, like six times, during the show, maybe sitting in the middle is the wrong choice of seating for you, just saying...cause, just like everybody... I LOVE having my popcorn and pop spilt on me, repeatedly :)}
 
Went to Moxie's.... 
So like where did MOXIE'S go???
Anyways we ended up at where Moixie's used to be...
 
Frankie's...
 
Which was surprisingly GOOD, really GOOD!!
 
Turkey Club on forcaccia bread...to die for.




I picked up these snazzy shoes...I. LOVE. them.
 
 
Grant calls them my "shoes of many colours", even better. :)
 
And yes I wore them proudly to Church.


This was the sunrise over Long lake this morning....
 

 
A Happy Sunday...

Visiting the different Wards in the Stake is such a neat experience (even though I'm a shameless tag-a-log)...

Our Stake Pres. shared his love for the hymn "I Need the Every Hour" and how much our Heavenly Father really wants to help us...It was a wonderful feeling as I remembered all the help and tender mercies we experience... and I felt LOVED.

I had my bucket filled today and my testimony was strengthened. :)

Both Superman and I did.

It was a wonderful escape.

And no the kids didn't kill each other or burn the house down...yay.

{...they didn't clean the house, like at all
and I'm still not positive the fish survived...and at least one child, totally broke the rules...}

But WHATEVER...we ESCAPED!!!! and it was lovely!





1 comment: