Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Freeway Phobia

I think of myself as a sane and level headed person...no really most of the time I'm laid back and easy going....
 
Unless...
 
You put me on a freeway.
 
And then instantly I turn into the CRAZIEST passenger in the world... 
 
Tears, jumping and gasping...
It's ridiculous and I know it
{You would never know I grew up on the freeways of Orange County.}
 
Superman and I decided to make a quick overnight trip to the (LDS) Temple in Vancouver...
 
 
It was just supposed to be drizzling here and in Vancouver...but it decided to SNOW from just south of Courtenay to just north of Nanaimo and then SNOW again on the upper-levels highway in Vancouver...AWESOME...put me on a freeway in snowy-rain and I am even CRAZIER...
 
Our trip through Vancouver caused more tears and drama than an episode of the Maury Show...
 
Not my finest moment...sigh.
 
 
 
Grant got us safely to our hotel with no incidents (just the made up catastrophes in my head)
 
And we had a lovely late evening at the temple...really we did.
 
****
 
Today I was determined to not repeat the meltdown of the previous afternoon...
 
We made it safely to Horseshoe Bay with no tears...yay me.
{ It wasn't raining or snowing mind you, and Superman kept his promise to not tailgate}
 
 
 
I still HATE freeways and traffic and that is why I will always live on the north Island where there is neither :)
 
On the ferry I ordered the Pirate Pack and Grant thought I was ridiculous :)
 
"Do you know what that looks like, Robin???"
 
"Embarrassing!"
 
{shoulder shrug}
 
But it gives you the same burger and fries and drink as the $12 adult combo plus you get this cool pirate ship and a pudding cup and chocolate coin for...
 
$7
 
That's not ridiculous darling, that is economic genius...
 
 
Grant also left me unsupervised in the gift shop for 5 minutes...
 
And I spent $45 on socks, 3 pairs...all for me:
I didn't get a pic of the mustache ones...
But aren't they awesome....


 
I know!!!! Totally worth $45 ;)
 
{Superman can't say a word...one time he bought a $45 wallet on the ferry and a book we already owned...at the same time}
 
I love me ssocks and consider them my reward for not freaking out on the freeway today....
 
Freeway phobia...just add that to the list of diagnoses  :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment