Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Skippy

Last week they got caught red handed....

A child you shall remain nameless, but from this point forward be referred to only as SKIPPY, thought because their parents were away, congratulating themselves for surviving under the same roof for 21 years, would not discover that SKIPPY was skipping school...

20 minutes into SKIPPY's not too well thought out plan....

"Did you know that your kid, is with my kid???" said the concerned mother on the other end of the phone. (Why do they think that parents don't stick together????)

"No...she is supposed to be in school...thanks for the heads up." I stutter.

So I text SKIPPY's call phone....

"Why are you with______?"

"Ignoring me ain't helping your cause?!?!?"

"I'm calling the school..."

After 15 minutes of ignored texts and calls....I call the school and confirm that SKIPPY is indeed skipping Pre Calculus...

I have a good laugh with the secretary about how "smart" dumb teenagers are and then when she asks "Do you want the school to impose consequences???"  

"Absolutely, I am not about to stand in the way of natural consequences...."

{Detention and a chat with the Principal and a deduction in marks on an assignment}


It takes me another hour to hear back from SKIPPY...not a smooth move!

"There are consequences SKIPPY (I may or may not have lost my sanity for a second or two)_____ _____ ______ ______ ______!!!!!!"


I then have a day to conger up creative consequences, before Superman and I return from our night away....

That evening Superman and I are discussing the best consequences....

(taking stuff away is NOT effective and only punishes me  and making an OCD child clean is a reward so....)


hmmmm.....Service for someone else....I think I'll call the RS president and see if there is someone who needs SKIPPY's help....

SKIPPY and I finally meet face to face....

Excuses...a lack-luster apology....and angry tears

I inform SKIPPY that she will need to call Sister C and arrange 3 hours of service....just as the Future Missionary saunters  through the kitchen "You should just make SKIPPY go out with the missionaries"

Ahhh yes! PREFECT!!!!

SKIPPY has been ignoring the missionaries invitation for weeks....

NOOOO!!!!!

"Can't you just take away the car or my phone, like normal parents???" SKIPPY says defeated.

Nope, some time with the missionaries will do you good, and it has to be done it the next two days or I'm adding service hours too..."

SKIPPY realises there is no way out....and texts the missionaries.

Two days later....

SKIPPY: "Going out with the missionaries was actually not as bad as I thought"


I love you SKIPPY and by the way you didn't have a chance, both your parents have master degrees in the art of SKIPPING....(Dad use to call the school and pretend to be my father....) Armature ;) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment