Sunday, December 12, 2010

At the Dinner Table, Times Three

Last weekend we were one of the host families for the Ward Christmas Party... We were asked to host 24 including our 7. It was great motivation to get the tree up early and give the house the "mother in law treatment" Alex actually decorated the tree by herself as my intentions of a great family bonding moment fell through. She did great and followed my garland-balls-stars-angels-painted wood ornaments in that order rules. (no I'm not neurotic- Grant, stop nodding your head). Yes, the star is still on a tilt and I kinda like it that way.
Mom would be proud. I still remember, much to my kids amazement, how to set a proper table. Our old (been in the family for 100 years) dining room table pulls out to fit 12...These dishes are California Pottery that my mom bought in the late 60's. These were our company dishes growing up and I love the grape pattern. So glad we can now enjoy them. All the adults sat here.

We put our kitchen table in the living room. These snowman dishes I bought back in 1995 in Port Alberni. They were way on sale @ Zellers and the first dishes I ever bought myself and I still love them This was the kids table.



We put the patio table in the kitchen. (teenager table) These dishes were my Grandparents...we ate many Sunday dinners on them as teenagers...And yes Kelli (my sister) I actually own three fabric table clothes....shocking isn't. It was a great night and so fun to share our home with so many friends.


1 comment:

  1. Lots of good memories with those dishes. I don't even own 3 table cloths, I am impressed! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete