Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tis the Season....

Tis the season of peace, joy and love....But at our house today tis the season of locking your brother in the dog kennel, fighting over the computer and finding every excuse possible to get out of chores. And my offspring wonder why I am crazy??

If I hear "that's not fair!" or "she's looking at me!" one more time....

I swear my kids have secret meetings to orchestrate days like today,their tag-team effort is flawless. Their mission to "drive Mom to the loony bin" has been successful.

I really do miss the days when a nap and a meal fixed everything. When the kids were babies I used to think it will be so much easier,when they're older, they'll be so much more independent. It's not easier its just different...the challenges are less physically exhausting, but the MENTAL part makes up for it. I heard somewhere to treat your teens like mental out-patients and never anything personally...so true, so true! Some days, I think as long as none of them end up on Jerry Springer or Maury. I have been successful. Today is one of those days :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment