Monday, July 25, 2011

The Phone Call You Never Want to Get....

Well I hope that that never, ever happens again......

My superman was called into work last night, ending his holidays early. Grant called about 1:30 in the morning to say he wasn't feeling well, but I really thought nothing of it.

I fell back asleep and was awaken by the phone just after 7:30 am.

"What's up with Grant??" It was Grant boss calling from home.
"What do you mean, he's at work.
"Nobody phoned you?" she asked
"No what's going on?"
"I just got an email that said Grant had been taken to the hospital in an ambulance...." She quickly said
Hanging up
I was now shaking so much that Madison had to dial the phone for the hospital....
After more than thirty rings someone finally answered, I was originally told they had no one there by that name, after being put on hold they told me he was emerge, I was again put on hold for what felt like an eternity. (I still had no idea why he was even there)

Finally a nurse came on the line and told me he had been brought in with chest pains and breathing trouble, they were running more tests and observing him. "What time was he brought in?" I asked. "Before 4 am" "What?!?! Four hours ago!!!!" I said "We thought his work had contacted you." she said

I felt sick. Shaking uncontrollably.
I made arrangements for Grant to receive a blessing and made my way up to the hospital. I was meet there by dear friends who where able give Grant a blessing immediately. I was so thankful for the instant sense of peace and calm that filled the room. But seeing your husband hooked up to all the monitors is really unnerving.

They kept Grant for several more hours, running several more tests. Around noon we were cleared to go home. Grant was told to rest and follow up with the DR tomorrow.

I guess nobody ever really knows what tomorrow will bring. Scares like this provide instant clarity on priorities. Family and friends are a treasured gift and should always be treated as such. I heart my Superman. Hopefully I will stop shaking soon :) And thanks so much for all your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. We will keep you both in our prayers and please say HI to Grant. What was the diagnosis? Was it his heart? He is too young for that kind of stuff going on. Let us know if there is anything we can do other than the prayers. Auntie Shirley, Uncle Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear this robin. Good luck and if you need anything - a ride, a talk, a meal, let me know. Michelle

    ReplyDelete