Friday, July 8, 2011

Tablecloth Loser

Okay I am actually laughing now....but for a few days I thought I had actually lost ALL the wards round table cloths ( RS sisters can stop gasping now), by all I mean 8. We're a small Ward and that's all the round tables that will fit in our miniature size Cultural Hall. But still. The cloths are not the standard white ones. They were loving hand made by a Sister in our ward and would not be easily or un-noticeably replaced.

We had had a Ward pot luck on July 1 st and I had taken home all the cloths to wash afterwards in a large black garbage bag. I had asked one of the rug rats to put the bag in the laundry room and then totally forgot about it. (I know bad me) While the girls were away, I decided to tackle the laundry mountain . As I reached the bottom I remembered the bag and realized it was no where in sight. My heart sank...

I looked everywhere to no avail. My honest fear was that they had been mistakenly thrown out with our garbage the morning the girls left for camp....I was sure that from now on I would be know as Sister Kramer, [you-know-she's-the-one-who-lost-all-the-table-cloths]....I had seriously lost sleep over the disappearance.

When the girls came home today they had no idea what had happened to the cloths either, But as I went to put the sleeping bags away... The missing bag of tablecloths fell out of the closet....hallelujah! One of the kids thought they were one of our sleeping bags (the cloths are blue) and shoved it in the closet before they left. I guess I'm not a table cloth loser after all. But next time someone else can take them home :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment