Monday, July 11, 2011

Sunday Dinner :)

We invite people over for dinner a lot. I do it for many reasons. Substitute family because none of our family lives close, good excuse (for the kids) to clean my house, it drives my semi-anti- social Superman nuts. Its a great way to really get to know people. But mostly I do it because I love it. I think there is something very special about sharing a good meal with great friends. What I really love is the feeling it brings into our home.

Tonight we had our dear friends over for dinner, for probably the last time before they move away (although we'll probably guilt them into it once more) Having their parents join us made it feel like a real Sunday dinner, the kind we used to share with Grant's parents, before they moved away, and something we have really missed. 

As we were serving dessert Madison decided to make the following chart and take everybody's order. In order to understand how funny the following chart is I have to quickly mention that Michelle's parents are the Vancouver Temple President and Matron.....

So Madison starts down the list and checks off what everyone wants, gets to Michelle's Dad and says "What's your name?, unsure what to call him. Grant says "Pres. Rolfson". Andreas quickly asks "What do you have written down Maddie??  "T.P (we all start laughing).....you know, Temple President" Madison sheepishly replied...

Thanks for the good laugh Maddie. She wouldn't tell us what she had written down for Michelle's Mom :).

It was a great Sunday Dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment