Sunday, July 24, 2011

Released...

Okay so the conversation went something like this....

Superman: So the bishop called he wants to meet with both of us tomorrow.
Me: Both of us. What the heck for?!?!
Superman: You'll find out tomorrow
Me: Well can't you give me a heads up?
Superman: Nope
Me: Come on, you've got nothing???
Superman: Don't worry you'll still be happy....

Before Grant started serving in a bishopric....A phone call from the bishop would only mean one of two things...A new calling (serving in various positions in a ward, like teaching the three year olds on Sunday, etc) or the invitation to speak in Church. First of all, I don`t like change. And second, speaking in Church makes my right eye twitch.

I`m not a rocket scientist but it didn`t take much to figure out it had to be a calling.

So I spent the next several hours trying to figure out if Grant meant happy as in happy or as in ha ha (your sentenced called to the nursery) happy. Me over analyze things. Never.....

When we met with the Bishop the next day, I was released from Relief Society and called into work with the Young Women.

Phew... The Superman meant happy, HAPPY!

I have loved serving in Relief Society and will truly miss it. I am really looking forward to getting to better know the amazing YW in our ward. The fact that all four of my girls are in YW right now makes me even happier...them... they`ll come around ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment