Saturday, July 2, 2011

We ROCKED the Parade, Eh?

Okay so the fact that my dad was a marching band director in Southern California, my entire growing up years. And I got drug to dozens of parades a year, I'm sure makes me a teeny bias when it comes to the parade watching department. So please excuse my cynicism.But here's the Courtenay Canada Day Parade in a Kramer nutshell....
 Making everyone wear red and white and sit as a family, makes for some THRILLED teenagers
 Who knew the Comox Valley had so many FIRE TRUCKS and that every. single. one. of. them. would be in the parade together :) 
 Old Cars, hundreds of them, and next year may I suggest a tune up BEFORE the parade :)
But the following made up for it all, the lack of floats and horseys, the parade Marshall being in a golf cart in the middle of the route, the fact that it was FREEZING cold.....

INTRODUCING....the angry green, flying giraffe Brachiosaurus, At least I think that's what it is....
We LOVE him! He's the HIGHLIGHT of the parade every year. I know...your jealous.
We're Canadian and We love it :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment