Friday, July 22, 2011

Tin Foil Dinners

While camping I realized nobody in my family but me had every had TIN FOIL DINNERS. I was shocked. So last night my Superman demanded that we make them. We went down to Goose Spit and started a campfire, while Holly our kitchen guru (she is way more neurotic picky than the rest of us, and refused any help, trust me, I'm not complaining) made them.

Foil
Wet Newspaper
Foil
Hamburger patty
sliced potatoes
sliced onion
carrots
seasoning salt

make a well sealed packet

Place on hot coals
flipping every 5 minutes (only pick up from ends)

Ours took about 30 minutes

Open and eat straight from the packet. So unbelievably good.
It was a beautiful evening with friends.

Alex's new pet rock....what can I say?!?!

We headed home as the sun was setting. I'm sure we will do tin foil dinners again and again and again.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooooo, I've never heard of the wet newspaper layer before. What a great idea to keep things moist and not burnt! We'll have to try these in the next month or so....

    ReplyDelete