Sunday, August 12, 2012

Never Consume Root Beer Floats in Public

So I kinda forgot to mention, our starter child received McDonald's employee of the month (August) for all of Comox Valley and a promotion all in the same day.

 Holly texted us a picture of her certificate,  on our way up the Kootenay Pass (the first time, before I desecrated the car with spray cheese ;) ) It took me nearly 4 1/2 minutes to text back "Way 2 Go!!! " With the road trip and all I kinda forgot about Holly's little over achievement...Until last night...

Holly and I joined the Superman for a quick coffee break in the Mc D's in Wally World....Get a root beer float, mom they're awesome, MC D's doesn't have floats???  Ask them to add soft serve to your root beer and they do? (no wonder she's employee of the month;))...

So we each get a float...Super knows better and gets a blizzard knock-off...It only cost us a couple of dollars and as I look a little confused...someone mentions that its the employee of the month discount....Then I remember my offspring's little over achievement :)...."Mom not one word!" I keep all the employee of the month comments rolling around my skull to myself, Oh the restraint

At the counter Holly started to drink her float and instantly sets off a geyser...I start laughing hysterically as she tries to stop the overflowing float and clean up the mess all at the same time (The I Love Lucy candy factory episode comes to mind)....

Apparently I'm a real SLOW learner....


So I shove the straw in my float and take a drink....Geyser number two instantly explodes. I did the only thing that came to mind and put my mouth over the straw to stop it (I suck at science)....The fire hose effect of float caused me to cough and sputter and essentially spray root beer ever where....The geyser is continuing to send float all over me, my white carpi's and the floor....I look up to realise Holly's coworkers are finding complete enjoyment out of my demise....

The Superman is laughing, Holly is laughing all of Mc D's is laughing (Pay back's a...)...The Superman stops snorting long enough to grab me a sleeve of napkins...Thanks.

And you wonder why Holly never wants to be seen with us :)...And now we know why Mc D doesn't serve Root Beer Floats.

Congrats Holly on your crowning achievement of the Summer :)

And why can't I eat in public or wear white pants???

0 comments:

Post a Comment