Friday, August 24, 2012

The Cotton Pony

***Warning if you are a prude and/or the talk of feminine hygiene products grosses you out, don't you dare keep reading***

Last week: Kramer dinner table.

"Mom, Are you riding the "cotton pony" or what?" Holly snaps after a particularly snarky interchange....

I sprayed my mouth full of Dr Pepper everywhere...Laughing so hard I thought I was passing out for sure.

"Riding the Cotton Pony" is my new favourite....Much funnier than "Auntie Flo's visiting"

Rewind nearly twenty years....

Newly weds, grocery shopping, A Superman in training, holds up the biggest box of maxi pads he can find and yells across several aisles at his bride "NEED ANY OF THESE, ROBIN?!?!" I don't think I even blushed. I knew I had married Mr. Right (sometimes)

Little did we know at the time, what a grand roll maxi pads and tampons would play in our lives.

It wasn't long after the birth of our fourth daughter, a wise sage suggested we by stock in Tampax....They weren't kidding.

I remember how excited I was, when I discovered they now came in boxes of 100.

But, Nobody ever warned me....

Its 11:47 pm, on a Saturday....I have spent the last 14 and a half minutes searching every bathroom, purse, glove compartment and couch cushion in our humble abode....Nope not a feminine hygiene product in sight....Thanks daughters.

Is buying feminine hygiene products on the Sabbath? Going to send me to H***?? Oh never mind...I found one....Coat pocket saves the day :)

Wish I could say this is a rare occurrence but that would be a lie, and I never usually never lie :)

Honestly, It happens about once a month ;)

Does any one know if Tampax ships residential???

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Robin....you make my day with your honest humour! This one really cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete