Monday, August 6, 2012

{Don't } Say Cheese

The in laws live {in the middle of nowhere} a few kilometers north of the Idaho/BC border....They insisted we spend a day shopping in Idaho. Wandering thru a US grocery store always bring back memories of growing up in California. {The fact that most of my memories involve food, would be a shirks field day to figure out ;)}

I had picked up the usual things we can't get in Canada....Hawaiian Punch....Cherry Coke....then I saw it....

Oh yeah, Cheese in a Can....I love cheese in a can...Memories of Ritz crackers and spray cheese and road trips to Canada with mom flooded my mind....



"Robin, that stuff's nasty....how could you eat that?!?" The Superman interrupts me. Come on it's not that bad...I grab a can and a box of cracker's....

We head home the next morning...We start to head up the Salmo-Creston pass as I start to enjoy my processed cheese treat. Nozzle to cracker, I start dispensing cheese onto my forth cracker.....

It sounds like a gun shot and the Superman yells "What the hell heck was that!?!"

 It takes us a split second to realize that an aerosol can of cheese and a rapid change in altitude equal cheese all over the driver's side of the car....Sorry Grant...

After that the stuff didn't seem all that appetizing...

After we got home the kids thought it was hilarious, even the dog wouldn't eat the stuff.

Another childhood memory debunked ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment