Thursday, January 24, 2013

Five Minute (Parenting) Fail

It was such a calm, quiet day. I had cleaned the house, not the mother in law treatment, but if my visiting teachers popped by I could at least open the door and invite them in without an obstacle course.

 I had put dinner in the crock pot, just chicken tacos, but at least it wasn't a frozen pizza :)

And I had spent the next several hours writing while listening to some good tunes......

Holly's car pulls in the drive way and seconds later my house is full of screaming teenagers, peace and quiet GONE!

Now I suck at parenting, that's not a secret. But some moments even I stoop to a new life time low...

I wasn't supposed to be picked up until 5!!!!

Next time I'll just leave your children on the side of the road.

You can't kick me out of the car!

Your not aloud to Punch me.

You now, in my head I had every intention of calmly trying to sort this out and settle things down, but what came out of my mouth was "What the h@#$% is wrong with you people!!!"

Not my most educated parental move.

My angels apparently considered that an invitation and now instead of 4 screaming maniacs there were 5.

Here is what I could discern from the hollering:

Dallyn was picked up an hour early from a play date, (I know you don't call it that but when you act like a 5 year old???)  because of a miss communication with Starter child and was now never going to get his project done.

In trying to (not so calmly) explain the miss communication with starter child, Starter child thinks I am attacking her and I am met with a barrage of complaints and ingratitude's (can you tell we are both Adults?)

An unnamed child comes in the door, My puzzled look is met with "Your daughter kicked me out of the car!"

Yeah cause you were punching your brother!!!! But you're not the parent. You can't do that in my car. Now unnamed and starter are in a full on screaming match, While Dallyn is trying to still explain the terrible injustice of being picked up early.....

I scream ENOUGH!!! just as I notice Superman coming in the front door.

Great timing sweet heart.He never hears the start of it, sigh.

What the H@#$ is going on! (at least I'm not the only one who said H@#$)

"Family meeting NOW!" all the offending parties not so willingly go to the living room...

Note to self: Family meetings are INEFFECTIVE if everyone is still yelling :)

A lecture is launched on the respect of parents, siblings and family...In other words "How. Dare. You. Behave. Like. This!!! Within seconds Starter storms out ,followed close behind by our resident artist....The only ones left were Man child who was still muttering on about his great injustice and sweet Alex who literally hadn't said a word since arriving in the door.

Well wasn't that effective, I say to my sweet Superman. Who just shook his head.

It had been 4minutes and 47 seconds since my sweet darlings had walked in the door.

Parenting Fail #578042...there is beauty all around, when NO ONE is home. :)

(apologies were made when everybody had calmed down, just in case we had lost that perfect family status ;))



0 comments:

Post a Comment