Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Foggy Retreat


Superman and I skipped out of Church after Sacrament meeting on Sunday...I know we're going to heck, (see y'all there)and I`m ok with it, but he and I had just couldn't keep our Sunday faces going a second longer. We weren`t sad or upset in fact we were relieved and happy. And knew without a doubt that we had made the right decision(about the calling, not leaving early) and were pleased with who was called into the bishopric. A great man with an great family. All was well and exactly where it needed to be.

Grant and I were just exhausted in a way no one else needed to understand. So we went home and packed.

We had made reservations several days before for Dolphin`s Resort, just north of Campbell River and about 45 minutes from our home for Sunday night. We knew we needed a chance to decompress and take a deep breath and friends had said this place was awesome.

They were RIGHT, our own cabin over-looking Discovery Passage, wood burning stove and hot tub. Quaint and quiet and perfect.

Something about the cold sea air, the fog rolling in thick and listening to he fog horns from the Quadra Island ferry and lighthouse in front of a roaring fire, made for a perfect night. So relaxing.

 our cabin
 

our view

the beach 
our fire.
 
 
 
The food at the resort was AMAZING! .... but this is the best thing I've ever had, anywhere, seriously....
 This is Rebecca's spit
 
me sporting me toque, it was just a degree or two above freezing
 
and the light house.
and yes the fog horn was blaring so we didn't say long....
 
of course the fog started to lift as the ferry pulled away from dock :)
 
 
So glad to have some time away.
Man I love my Superman :) and we even came home to a perfectly clean house. (they're probably hiding something ;) But I'll take it :)
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment