Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Good Things...

"That's so hard, you must just be so overwhelmed...." A kind and caring friend said on the phone today (asking how Grant was doing)..."well maybe, but its kind of our normal, so its nothing we can't handle..." I say half trying to convince myself I was speaking the truth...

That conversation got me thinking....Man I've been a negative Nelly lately. Sure our lives are difficult and trying at times but, I can think of others who have had heavy heartaches, this week even and suddenly I have a renewed gratitude for the good things I do have....

Friends who understand us and are oh so very kind

A superman who still holds my hand.(maybe cause he's afraid I'm going to fall, but what ever :))

Kids who are funny, dang funny (read dumb sometimes, but calling your kids dumb is bad parenting, even when they do dumb things :))

Enough to meet my needs and then some.

The energy and desire to keep trying and trying and trying....

That quiet reassurance that there is always hope and a new day

Hot chocolate, my new addiction

Grant's black fuzzy work socks that actually keep my feet warm.

Musicals and the fact that it annoys my family so, when I randomly break out in song

My new pillows, who knew but man I slept like a baby


Yeah life is not anywhere close to the life I imagined while I was a young woman...My knight in shining armour is a Superhero, who occasionally needs his superpowers adjusted, my kids have senses of humour that resemble that of a sailors and my house is only clean if we know people are coming over....But...

I share my life with AWESOME people and I wouldn't trade that for the world.





0 comments:

Post a Comment