Wednesday, February 11, 2015

You have FIVE?!?!

It happened again....
Superman and I were at a gathering were we only knew a few. It was casual talk for more than an hour, then this...
"How many kids do you have??"
five.
It went silent...then this.
FIVE?!?!? You have FIVE kids?!?!
 
Yes. 21, 20, 18, 16, 15...
 
{Pretty sure we would have had the same reaction if I said....
We have 57 cats or that I'm breastfeeding my puppy (I'm NOT) or we were nudists on Wednesdays (we're NOT) or that we are aliens on a short visit doing social experiments for our home planet (Maybe?) ....}
 
She was SHOCKED. In a "WOW you're pretty normal for having five kids" way. Not an "oh my gosh your depleting our planets recourses" way.
 
She was then fascinated with us....
 
Yes I gave birth to all of them,
Yes same Dad,
Yes we were young....
 
I find it funny when people are surprised by the number of our offspring.
Five isn't that many. We have friends and family with 8..9..10 and even 12. And they are even quite normal.
 
And if I have even one regret (although small) I wish we had, had more....
 
 I have never once regretted having a large family. OK well maybe the laundry, yes I have regretted the laundry.  ;)
 
Our kids, all five of them have made the climb easier, not harder as we have faced our Everests...
 
When they were tiny, they were a purpose to keep going and keep trying and not give up...
Now they are compassionate helpers, hilarious comedians and chore doers that keep our family moving forward and I can see why a wise heavenly father, sent us each of them quickly, before our greatest challenges came. 
 So yes,  FIVE, we are so blessed. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment