Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Doing Something.

I spent yesterday afternoon saddled up to my sewing machine after a sweet request came to make adult smocks/bibs for a dear gentleman battling dementia....
These kind of requests have come a few times in the years since I've lost my parents. And although bitter sweet, I love the opportunity to do something....

When mom's decline began I was 21, with three babies under 3, struggling to keep my own head above water, with the demands of a young family...Dad declined for years pushing anyone and everyone away, only after authorities stepped in could help we help, but it was too late. 

There was so little we could do then and I will always wish things could have been different.

But today there is some healing in every opportunity to serve. Compassion and understanding have come from a road already traveled...

I couldn't do it then, but now "doing something" is such a blessing.









0 comments:

Post a Comment