Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sunday. Short and Sweet.


So just as the kids and I are walking out the door, all the lights in the house flicker....odd it's not even stormy out...

As we walk into our small chapel it was oddly dark and quiet, with only the security spotlights shining at each doorway...and the soft chatter of those who had arrived early. "What no wifi ???" (priorities?!?!) Dallyn, mumbles. It is only then that it dons on me, Oh the power's out...

Church begins with no sound system, organ, and only a little light streaming through the windows on a foggy morning....
I'm singing along to the opening hymn "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" and I suddenly, realize how ironically hilarious the lyrics are.... 
Okay I'm the only one that found this hilarious and chuckled through the entire hymn, but come on, HF has to have a sense of humour, cause you can't plan stuff like that....

I had controlled myself by the time it came to Ward Business and beamed a little as Bailey was called to serve as a counsellor in the Young Women's presidency. I instantly remembered being called to the same calling as a twenty year old and how fun and fulfilling that time was in my life and how many of those girls I served are now my dear dear friends. It will be such a great thing for Bailey...

We sang the sacrament hymn and partook of the sacrament, the near darkness adding to its sacredness.

Our Bishop, then announced that Church would end for the day...
Dallyn leans over "Bishop O's my favourite!!!"

A Sunday, short and sweet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment