Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Parenting, Silently.


Someday I'll tell you the story of why one of the kids assistant principals called us and then called us again for the same reason like two weeks later. And how much I hate it when I am required to parent, publicly....

And another day I'll probably tell you about that time when one of my kids got a registered letter from the Ministry of Justice and how expensive it became for said child....

And then someday I'll tell you about spending night after night researching looking for hope and help for struggles I never saw coming...

And then maybe some day I'll tell you about the other side of joy, when your missionary returns to their same old less than righteous family and things aren't...well celestial...

It's funny to me that we are all so willingly to talk about the awesome, amazing, wonderful things that happen in our lives but when the difficult, weird, overwhelming or shocking things come we are well...silent.

I get it, I've been there when others have harshly judged, condemned or gossiped about someone else's child or family members actions...or heard the "well if they lived in my house " lecture...sometimes silence is just easier...but it shouldn't be that way....we should just love and support one another...

Most of the time my kids are awesome and amazing...but once in a blue moon they floor me and my heart breaks for them, or I'm just mad, it depends...and we deal with it, silently...

So to all the other mothers out there, silently parenting....




0 comments:

Post a Comment