Friday, June 18, 2010

Ever feel like Eeyore??...Read this :)

Do you ever feel like "Eeyore"?
[You know, the down-trodden donkey,(I think he's a donkey) from Winnie the Pooh]

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is."
"And freezing."
"Is it?"
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."


Well, I do. Yes even this Krazy Kramer feels discouraged at times. I know I have a good life, full of great things. Grant and I are truly blessed people. But there are times when the demands of a large family, busy church callings, living within our means and making ends meet feels overwhelming. Sometimes keeping all the "plates twirling" at the same time feels like an impossible balancing act. But I think it at times of discouragement and trials we can more distinctly see His " tender mercies" in our lives. We all have a Heavenly Father who loves us and wants us to succeed and will provide a way for us to do so.

I came across an article, this morning, from a Nov. 1999 Ensign (LDS Church magazine for adults) that truly touched my heart and was exactly what I need to read at that moment...my tender mercy.

Jeffery R Holland, "An High Priest of Good Things to Come"...."Don't give up...Don't you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is happiness ahead-a lot of it."

To read the full article click on the link below:


LDS.org - Ensign Article - “An High Priest of Good Things to Come”

1 comment:

  1. Elder Holland is one of my all-time favorites. His talk "Come Unto Me" (http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=2912&x=52&y=10) should be required reading.

    ReplyDelete