Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Negative + A Negative = A Positive







Its no secret to anyone that neither Grant nor I were stellar students. If there had been awards handed out for mediocre,well then, we might have been contenders. I think both of us did as little as possible to get by. A fact, I have to admit, I regret. The fact that I was raised by two High School Teachers, one with a Master's in Music Education, leaves me with no room for excuses... So it is to our amazement that our kids not only love school, but actually excel at it.






Last night was Mark R. Isfeld Secondary Annual Awards Night...Holly and Madison were both invited to attend. Madison was excited, Holly not so much. Grant & I were happy for the acknowledgement of the kids achievement. But, the thought of sitting for two hours, packed in a hot gym, on a beautiful sunny evening was less than inviting. At least I was excited to see tables of free cookies and juice as we walked in the door (small things amuse me). The evening was as exciting as any awards night could be. If it weren't for the MC's jokes introducing each category, (What did sushi A say to sushi B?...WASABI!, introduced the baking category, yes there were awards in baking ;)) and the running commentary from the peanut gallery(thanks Grant), I might have fallen asleep.






The highlights of the evening were when Holly was presented a plaque for the top student in Marine Biology and Madison received a medal for Silver Honour Roll. Very proud Momma and Pappa. Proof that two negatives can, in fact equal a positive. Way to go guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment