Friday, October 29, 2010

At Least We Had Each Other

Today my Sister posted a memory on her blog that brought back a ton of different emotions....Kelli & I were not, for a time, raised in ideal circumstances. But instead of our circumstances getting the better of us, I think we turned out stronger, better people in spite of them. Kelli & I are surprisingly, ordinarily normal people. (well at least Kelli is normal, the jury is still out on me :). Kelli & I could have learned to be critical and bitter, but instead of learning to be critical, we learned kindness. Instead of learning to be judgemental we learned compassion. There is a line in a hymn we sing at Church often, that sums up my feelings well...



Who am I to judge another, When I walk imperfectly? In the quiet heart is hidden Sorrow that the eye can't see. Who am I to judge another?Lord, I would follow thee

Here is the link to Kelli's memory of "Popcorn for Dinner".....

http://jasonandkellifamily.blogspot.com/2010/10/sad-memory.html

Our experiences have proven to me that eventually everything works out for the better and even though we cannot always choose our circumstances, we can choose our attitude.

1 comment:

  1. I just started reading your bog today, so thought I would read through a few and this one had specific meaning to me to beacuse along the way you have helped and tought a few friends. For that I will always be greatful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete