Thursday, June 30, 2011

School's Out :)

School's Out for Summer....And for the first time I have mixed emotions about it. It dawned on me a couple of weeks ago that this would be the last Summer before the rug rats start graduating from High School. The last summer before we'll be entering a new phase of life. It just weird and of coarse me, I'm much too young have a high school senior....
This has been a calm, uneventful school year and the kids have all done well. Alex's report card looked like her teacher fell asleep on the A key. And even though Dallyn came home and promptly asked me how to spell the word "HAPPY" (making a B-day card for his friend),did great in language arts and the rest of his subjects, go figure?? The HS kids should know tomorrow
I always feel like I've run a marathon when we make it to the end of another school year and look forward to the lazy days of Summer

Homemade burgers and fries seemed like the perfect kick off to Summer. My Superman is a BBQ guru and makes the best burgers around. Seriously so good. {The secret...soya sauce, oats and seasoning salt, that's it}

Okay so don't report me...I deep fry food maybe twice a year and we'll be having salad for breakfast to make up for it. Nothing like home made fries. mmmmmm.
The best part was enjoying dinner on the deck with my Superman and perfect children, even though we had to tell this one multiple times that her inappropriate jokes were NOT. FUNNY. (no I wasn't laughing?). Lets hope the rest of summer can be this perfect :)

I hate to admit it but between the glass panels on our deck and our uv coated windows, we have multiple birds a week hit our windows...most survive, but it usually takes several minutes for them to get there bearings again. I'm happy to report this guy few away minutes later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment