Friday, August 26, 2011

Exercising and Rain Delays

So as part of our new healthy life style we have started going for family walks. But before you think "awww how wholesome of them" I have a few confessions to make.....

Getting five strong-willed offspring to do anything together with out whining, complaining, eye rolling and oh yeah stomping, I love stomping....is impossible. Anything that is not perceived as their idea, will cause the angels to morph into whinny devils. Trust me ear plugs are the only answer....

So by the time the loser cruiser has arrived at said exercise location the superman and I have had our work out in parental gymnastics....

The first evening we headed to the Courtenay Riverway for a leisurely walk along the river. After explaining the keep to the right principle a few times we gave up and figure, if a bike takes out a kid it will be a hand on lesson in survival of the fittest...So 4 minutes into our walk, our resident comedian Dallyn does something that makes me laugh, and I a 30 something, mother of five, did something that hasn't happened since the "London Drugs incident of 1993". I peed my pants in public. Yup you heard me....

So what do my superman and all my darlings do?....Point and laugh. Point and laugh. So nice of them not to draw attention to me. So I quickly make Bailey give me her hoodie and wrapped it around my waist, which only made things slightly less apparent. So Bailey says ``you can keep that kay``. Dallyn says "mom if you want I can buy you Huggies for your birthday", While Madison informs him that they make depends for that purpose....Holly then says "Kramer Family walk, first day: 200 metres".....All while I'm trying to make a mad dash back to the van. My sweet superman snickering all the way.

So the kids stop at the at the library while my superman drives his incontinent wife home, to change....

Our walk then continued after only a 20 minute rain delay....my darling offspring taking turns asking me "are you sure you don't need to go potty?" every three minutes or so, Bless them.

I am still working on the steps of forgiveness, it could take a while :)

Thankfully, All subsequent walks have been slightly less eventful.

Yay us!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Robin! You are so brave to post this and I really hope you are planning to publish a book; I would buy it in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete