Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Now Serving # _____.

The superman got called in for an ultrasound this morning and since we were already there he decided to get his blood work done at the same time.....

So you check in at the desk and the sign says "take a number please". My lucky super hero pulls number 38. There is one empty chair among 30. Me and the superman play the "no you sit down" game for a minute until Super sits down.

The lab tec with  bright blond mohawk (I love living on the island) steps out and calls out "twenty". Now I'm not really good at math, but I instantly realize that we're in for a LONG wait. With all the magazines already taken, I go on to my next favourite waiting room pastime. People watching.....

People did not disappoint :) and so I will share the valuable lessons I learned, all before breakfast.....


1. Yoga pants ARE NOT for everyone

2. The foot wear of choice of 3 out of 4 men over fifty....SOCKS and SANDALS

3. If you are nearing 70, the brand new dragon tattoo on your calf....does not detract from your CHICKEN LEGS and will only ever look like a lizard.

4. The MURSE (man-purse) is back in style.

5. Please do not walk all the way through the hospital lobby with just your GOWN and TIGHTY-WHITIES

6. The hospital gift shop opens at 10, ten, TEN, Ten, 10 am....The lady at the hospital information booth was asked this countless times, even though the hours are posted no less than 4 times....on the gift shop windows less than 5 feet from the information desk....now that's patience!


Between the Superman's ultrasound, blood work and chiropractic appointment I spent 3 plus hours waiting. All before I got breakfast....I know I'm such a good wife :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment