Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Life's a {South} BEACH




So the Superman's had a treadmill stress test last week and came out of it saying "my heart's fine" which I thought was good.  Today we had a follow up with our Family Doctor which shed much more light on Super's current situation and proof that Super needs adult supervision at the doctors.

Nothing like the doctor using phrases like "it's not good" and "ticking time bomb" and vividly describing the affects of fat on your internal organs to slap a family (read wife) out of the oh so comfortable zone of carbohydrate DENIAL. I appreciate our doctor's honesty and bluntness. We all needed a reality check. While many things in life are out of our control, there are many more things that we do have power over.....

 So there is no longer denying it....We have to change our eating habits as a family, NOW! So when both the cardiologist and our family doctor said to try the South Beach Diet I figure it was worth a shot. I`ve always been a bit of a diet sceptic (I really don`t like any word that has DIE in it) But when faced with the alternative and realizing that if cupcakes and cookies were an effective diet we`d of been skinny all along.

So life in the Kramer house is now a beach, a SOUTH BEACH....wish us luck, we`ll definitely need it :)

1 comment:

  1. I worked with a very hefty nurse who had some GREAT results with that diet a few years ago. (I don't think it would work for me 'cause I like fruit too much, but I do find when I actually stick to the calorie countin' thing on myfitnesspal.com it works for me)
    Good luck to you guys! I miss you. . .M

    ReplyDelete