Monday, August 15, 2011

The ONE WIFE Kind :)

The superman had an appointment with a cardiologist today, stemming from this. It's been a wacky, crazy, soul-searching couple of weeks around here and I think I need to hire a personal secretary to keep track of all the appointments and tests my super hero has had.....

So as we walk into the waiting room I suddenly feel severally out of place. The people waiting have like 50 years (ok maybe 40) on us. The two receptionists are sitting behind two miss matched computer desks and the office decor is circa 1982 (peach/ mint green and dusty blue oh how I've missed you!). We sit down on a couch that was older than us. The fact that Five for Fighting's "100 Years" is playing on the radio makes me smile (clearly some patients around us were pushing the envelope). So I kind of get obnoxious/ critical when I'm slightly nervous...

From a few glances, I can tell that the superman's thinking the same thing I am :)

Dr S is neither conventional or soft spoken.

In a thick European accent he asks....

Do you DRINK?       NO

Do you SMOKE??     NO

What are you, MORMON???     YES

But only the ONE WIFE kind, right????    YES


The superman and I are now laughing and both grateful for the tension breaker....

Later on in the conversation Dr S asks "How many children do you have?" We respond "Five, four teenage girls and a son" To which Dr S replies "Well I'd need a hell of a lot more medication than you do Grant!!!"

We both liked him :)


Still no real answers, just a ton of new tests (apparently the Superman still hasn't perfected his test taking skills). But always grateful for a good laugh....we sure need them around here.

1 comment: