Sunday, November 6, 2011

Look What I Did (with a popsicle stick)

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested...seriously I was tested and retested for many things as a child and I wasn't crazy then....But I think I have an issue now, I have gone a little craft crazy and it's driving my family nuts. Something I find great pleasure in :)..

I found perhaps the world's cheapest craft,  popsicle stick bracelets.....


 
All you need is the biggest Popsicle sticks you can find, scrap paper, and modge podge. It costs less than 5 cents a bracelet....

You boil, yes boil the sticks in water for 15 minutes or more. Shape each stick into the inside of a glass (I finally found a use for the crystal glasses that have been in my cupboard for ever.).Sticks will be brittle, you will break several. So boil more than you need. Let dry for at least 24 hours.

Using a popsicle stick as a template cut out scrap paper. Modge podge onto sticks, using several coats.

Sand edges with and finish inside and out with a final coat.

Pretty simple and turned out really cute. Easy enough to do with a group of kids/teenagers. The sticks I used were about 6 inches, I am on the hunt for longer ones (like 8 ") they would work better for teenagers.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute, Robin!! (also your felt flowers from a few posts back).....You should be the craft lady at yw camp!!! :)

    ReplyDelete