Saturday, November 5, 2011

The View....

Love this song!......

It amazes me how some of life's biggest challenges become (with the gift of perspective) some of our greatest blessings....

This summer in the middle of the Superman's health crisis, I was lamenting to a dear friend how frustrated I was. Why was this happening to our family again? Wasn't losing my mom to this and dealing with a worsening father enough? Right in the middle of my "why me, haven't I learned enough already " tirade....My friend gently says..."Robin maybe there is nothing to learn, maybe it's that you have something to give."....

Recently I have found a piece of my heart changing....from bitterness to gratitude. I have begun to understand that the hell I went through with my mother's illness and death has had a much greater purpose and benefit to me. It wasn't just a gauntlet to see how much I could endure. It happened to teach and to prepare me.....

What I know....

Things could always be harder.

Our Heavenly Father doesn't give us more than we can bear. (ok I really hate that statement...here's what I think it should say. Our Heavenly Father will help us bear all things. We cannot face our challenges alone, we weren't meant too.

We are stronger than we realize.

My eternal family is always worth fighting for.

Perspective is everything....I can chose to see all difficult things and feel overwhelmed or I can look up and out and see the beautiful view.


I love my view :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment