Monday, November 21, 2011

Singing Kumbaya on a Soapbox


Stepping up on my soapbox.....

So, my world these days, spins a heck of a lot faster than I wish it would. Somedays I feel like I just can't catch  breath, much less a break. I swing from wanting/needing the help from others and wanting to climb in a bubble and protect my family...."If people only knew how much we have on our plate, how fragil things are right now" {maybe people will be kinder} So here is my new phillosophy. Unless you think my family is AWESOME, kindly leave us be.

So here is the best Facebook comment ever....something I really needed today.....

My facebook status was "Why can't we all just hold hands and sing Kumbaya, life would be so much easier that way ..."

So here is what my awesome friend from high school said.....(if only we all knew how profoundly smart we all were in high school).....

If we did that then someone would complain that it was being sung too fast, or too slow, or in the wrong key.


Someone would complain that the words "oh Lord" were too religious and others would complain that they were sacreligious and of...fensive yet others would say they are traditional lyrics and should never be changed.

Someone would say they couldn't sing today as they didn't have child care and others would bring their children along which, of course wouldn't sit right with those who think this is an adult-only activity.

Someone would get fed up with all the complainers and tell them to just shut up and sing which would make everyone mad that they were being told what to do by someone who is not in charge.

Then everyone would get mad, storm off, and the original person would be left standing there and wondering why we couldn't all just hold hands and sing Kumbaya.


Wiser words were never spoken, well today at least. My friend makes a profound point....No matter what we do there will always be those who sing our praises and those who will shoot us down. My family, like most, is AWESOME despite some heafty challenges. I am not here to convince any one of that, (but I might suggest some glasses) I know the journey we have walked, and the mountains we have mastered.... and those who have held our hands or carried us along the way know it too. Maybe we should do alot more carrying and a lot less critizing....That way we could all be AWESOME.

There I have stepped down off my soap box....man I feel better :)
(Thanks Vicky for your AWESOME words) 

1 comment:

  1. I've been quoted! Cool :)
    I enjoy reading your blog, Robin. Hugs!
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete