Wednesday, September 26, 2012

California Courage

I should be folding laundry, packing bags, vacuuming and cleaning out the fridge....But Ì just finished a dress for my niece and now I`m blogging...You know when you get to that point that there is so much to do your brain just shuts down....Well that happened months ago. :)

25 hours of driving (one way)....It will be the longest road trip these Krazy Kramers have ever taken and we leave in 36 hours. YIKES!!  I' m returning to clean out my childhood home. But this doesn't feel like going home at all...Home is here, I like it here.

From the moment Dad died, I knew this trip was coming...Just like with mom, it was now our responsibility to clean out a house. Dreading it was an understatement. First I pretended like its years away...Then I thought up ways of avoiding it all together {going crazy myself, praying for an alien invasion, the house being struck by a meteor, real stuff !?!?}.. Then I pouted, you know the, life isn't fair, why me, this sucks, party...

Then just a few days ago I started to pray for courage...Courage to face my fears and that house.

Here what happened....nothing...I'm kidding...

Instead of all of the things that were flooding my mind with fear, I was able to focus on some of the great things...

We get see my sister and her family for the second time in six months...

We get to meet out niece Ava for the first time...

Cousins will finally meet cousins...

My sister and I get to spend our birthdays together for the first time in twenty years..

My kids will get to see my old stomping grounds...

Disney (at least Grant and the kids are excited)...

We are able to move forward from here....


Things have fallen together for this trip, most worries have been easily solved. I know for certain that we are watched over and blessed, especially this year, especially now. Now cleaning out this house will still be difficult, I live in la la land sometimes (its fun there ) But not now, sometimes we are expected to do really hard things. Cleaning out a parents house is a very hard thing  but there is something about an entire family coming together to do it. The blessing in that is not lost on me.

I am grateful for my family.

I am grateful for the courage to face fears and the courage to go to California.




1 comment:

  1. Safejourney Robin, and enjoy while heaven continues to smile on you and yours!

    ReplyDelete