Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Christmas...Come. On.

I know the calender says its six weeks away...but I feel like I am still somewhere in September. Didn't school just start???

 Oh Christmas why do you do this to me every. single. year.
Some with Christmas trees already up and cookies in the freezer and I'm over here wanting it all to go away. Can't we just skip to January?

I guess I'm the Ebenezer of the Kramer clan. It's not that I hate Christmas all together, the honoring  of the birth of the Baby in a manger with it's reminder to be a little kinder...That's awesome.

It's the expectation and exhaustion that come with the Christmas chaos that makes me want to curl up in the fetal position for the next month.

I know simplify, simplify, simplify and for years we have done that in our home...we draw names and only buy one gift each, Santa just fills stockings and we stick to a budget and don't go into debt. Blah, blah, blah....but between school, social and church events there isn't a week between now and then that isn't chalk full of obligations. Add birthdays and appointments and paperwork and my head already feels like one of those tacky blow up, snow globe lawn ornaments.

Medical, work decisions, estate stuff also come knocking on my wreath-clad door during this festive season and even with all my faked positive Christmas joy.... I'm just not sure how it will all play out.

Christmas is a weird time for our family and I think I just need to accept that...Maybe next year will feel better...but I've said that for years... So while you're decking your halls remember...for some Christmas is hard.

Christmas, is it too much to ask... please go easy on this family this year....

0 comments:

Post a Comment