Monday, November 4, 2013

Given Time

Sometimes the cynical me has to dig deep to find things to be grateful for. I know I have a wonderful family, kids, husband blah, blah, blah. Those blessings, roll their eyes at me and yell sometimes and break things....Making it hard to be that cookie- baking-apron-wearing Mother. Gliding-around-the-house-with-a-feather-duster-and-a-smile-permanent-plastered-on-my-face.

  Its easy to see all the things we want or don't have or wish would hurry up and go away.... Especially when we are standing in a place we don't want to be for too long.....

We have watched a few weeks turn into months and now push past two years. If we had known what we were facing at the beginning we might not have had the courage to keep going.

In a digging deep moment the other day (yes I do have a soul :)), the thought came "Do you know what a gift TIME is?.....even in the middle of turmoil, TIME is a gift."

I had never thought of TIME as a gift before...

Often, I silently tell my Heavenly Father... I'm finished, that He doesn't care, that this isn't fair, its too hard, how angry I am... that I  just want to give up...and I don't want to hurt  or watch others hurt anymore.

In all those moments I just want to skip, fast-forward or erase all together....

 I, we are given TIME. I just never saw it as a gift before.

TIME to learn, to grow

TIME to love, to hope, to pray

TIME for goodbyes, to grieve, to comfort

TIME to wonder, to be angry

TIME to accept, to heal, to understand.

TIME to become strong.


And the trials still come. But I can't deny the answered prayers and tender mercies and that today we stand today stronger than before.... this TIME is a gift.








0 comments:

Post a Comment