Monday, November 18, 2013

Report Card Remorse

Madison, Alex and Dallyn just threw their report cards at me, on their way out the door to DQ (the only thing close to resembling Family Home Evening, lately...judge away.)

To say the Kramer clan have become colossal  under achievers is a wee understatement.

Okay so none of them are actually failing but...but I think the have forgotten that grades are in alphabetical order and there are TWO possible levels of achievement ABOVE a C.

I always thought I'd be one of those parents that would pressure and punish my kids into achievement, but I am almost afraid to admit I have turned into the near opposite....

Maybe its that of my five, not one is a similar student to the other, report cards and marks don't usually represent their actual applied effort and so we have down played grades, since the beginning...

But I think we have a problem....

Its not their grades I'm concerned about, it's their obvious lack of effort...in completes, late assignments, not participating in class...not okay my rug rats.

I can't understand why you all are channeling Bart Simpson, but stop it, would ya???

Where is my handbook for having too many  all teenagers??? Is there a chapter called "Lazy and Loosing it???"

Darling rug rats, I guess its time for some creative parenting...driving privileges, social lives, screen time, so many possibilities....What shall I remove first, to rock your world???



1 comment: