Sunday, July 20, 2014

Disney Kramer Style

Family vacation 2014 was a success of the Kramer kind. :)
We never once opened or closed the park, which was smart. Superman went back to the hotel when he had had enough during the day, also smart. We let the kids have more than half the time entirely to themselves, which meant we didn't have to referee...so all in all it was great.

But there were a few "Kramer" moments....

First, I should post the video, but its down right humiliating so just suffice it to say...
I have a new phobia... The ferris wheel...

Not one of my finest moment, really not.

Second, we got stuck on Splash Mountain, on the top of the first drop, for 30 minutes in the blazing sun...until the cast member climbed up to take us out and lead us down several flights of stairs to the bottom.. . 
But first , let me take a selfie....
The path down....

The reward....two of these babies...fast passes to any ride of our choosing....
So we used it for Space Mountain....
And got to the cue, only to have the ride shut down, so we got a new pass....
Only to have Superman get stuck behind a stalled car on Autopia for 30 minutes...I thought it all hilarious...superman went back to the hotel :)  

I also had a guy on a scooter run headlong into me, I was walking right beside the star tours building and had no where to go to get out of his way...he sped right into me and then yelled Watch Out...I was more annoyed that he yelled at me than anything, just a slight bruise on my knee and hand were I grabbed the basket to try to stop the full impact....luckily the star tours people saw the whole thing and apologized profusely and gave the guy what for and the family behind us yelled at him for me too}  :) {note to Disney, your scooters should not be able to go faster than the average person can walk, just a thought}



The Kramer moments, just added to the awesomeness of our vacation. After thinking we might not ever be able to share my love of Disney with my kids, I'm grateful that we have been blessed with a way the last two summers...Disney is wonderful, but I hear a warm sandy beach calling my name next...minus children :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment