Thursday, September 3, 2015

LAMEST ever!



So this scrolled across my phone a few days ago....
 
Dear Robin,
 how do you do it? ...... I have kept my chin up, said my prayers, fasted and prayed. But some days like today having a spouse with a lifetime illness has pushed the edge. I feel like Just hang in there is a super lame answer, ......So how does one keep just going, when sometimes it just plain stinks?
 
It does suck!!! Way more often than we honestly admit...my answer began....
 
Funny thing...that message came at the end off the worst week I've had in ages "doing it"...
Most of the time I graciously accept the trails we have been given, last week was not the case... Last week I was hating life...

"It's like you expect me to wake up tomorrow and not be bipolar anymore?" Not really, but some days, I wish it could happen....

Just because our struggle isn't public or you don't notice it, does not mean its not happening....

I had prayed and prayed and then reached out for help and comfort, but that ended in add heartache....
 
 Yes I am sensitive and I know I get hurt, easily. But when you walk this road, sensitivity happens...


So how do I do it?  Some weeks I don't. Sometimes I just go through the motions, sometimes I am bitter and anger and tired...and sometimes I'm alright with it all.

So I would NEVER say to anyone "JUST HANG IN THERE" because that is indeed, the LAMEST response ever...{its like saying, NO you just stay over there and struggle all by yourself, and let me know when you're finished, cause like I don't want to get any of that stuff on me?!?!}

I would say...

You can cry on my shoulder...
Your feelings (good or bad) are safe here.
You are loved and prayed for.
You and your struggle are not forgotten.
I am here for you until...

So how do we do it....kind people...
Oh and curse words and counselling. :)
 
 
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment