Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cardboard H*LL

We move. A lot. I counted, twelve and now thirteen times in the last nineteen years. See its a lot. No we are not running from the authorities, although no matter how stealthy we are the rug rats still manage to find the new house ;).....

We started packing this week thus entering the period known as cardboard hell....It isn't until I begin putting all our worldly possessions in boxes I feel the full effects of having five don't-you-dare-throw-the-mother's-day-card-I-made-you-in-grade-three hoarders, I mean children. Even with my constant need to dejunk, we have SO MUCH STUFF.

What's with tape and pens, Even on a normal day our house is a vortex for them, but then we start packing, I buy eight rolls of tape and half a dozen magic markers and still spend more time searching for the tape and pens than I do actually packing...

Then there is the dejunking dilemma...will my mother-in-law notice if I get rid of her Christmas gift from 1996?...do we really need two coffee makers (no, none of us drink coffee)....and whats with all the shoes...

At least our time in cardboard hell is limited to the next four weeks...then we will never. move. again. Until next time :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment