Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Losing Lynne, Losing Les

"I'll send you a picture." Kelli said, last night after our lengthy phone call. Nothing could have prepared me for the image I saw on the screen this morning.....
Today

Where has my Dad gone? He has aged more than a decade in the last two years. Now a feeble old man. Yet, I am struck by the child-like look in his eyes and countenance, a look I have not seen before. The thought of a once gifted mind now captured by anxiety,fear and confusion simply breaks my heart.  
August 2009 Last visit to the Island (30 months ago)
His decline is startling.....
March 2010 (23 months ago)


November 2010 (14 months ago)

Today

We saw this coming. I wrote about this two years ago. We have tried every way in our power to provide support and help. But how do you help when all offers are refused....
In the last week since APS has stepped in, its been an emotional roller coaster.
Anger-betrayal-gratitude-peace-fear-hope-frustration-sorrow.

I am most grateful for the continual sense that we will be supported through this.

It's simply surreal to think a decade ago we were Losing Lynne (Mom)..... A path I never expected to repeat.



   My only prayer for Dad is that we can get him to a safe place and that he never forgets how much we love him...

How does one cope with the decline of two parents in less than a decade?? Courage, hope, faith, chocolate cake, the Comedy channel and copious amounts of Dr. Pepper...

I hope I always remember that my parents' heartache and struggle in no way defines who they are or were or the bright legacy they leave.

So grateful for my knowledge of forever families and that the peace that cannot be found while here on earth, will be found in heaven. I certainly look forward to that day when I will see each of them again with joy in their hearts.


0 comments:

Post a Comment