Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesdays Sucketh!

Last Wednesday our dear friends' son was critical injured in a devastating accident....

This Wednesday (Today) I answered the door in my most sexy jammies (it wasn't noon yet), it was a realtor informing that the home owner (we rent) is selling the house (why of course I love moving)....then this afternoon the phone rang...my favourite sister had just got a call from Orange County Adult Protective Services...someone had reported my dad to APS , a social worker had made a visit to my dad and was very concerned....

I officially HATE Wednesdays and vote for their permanent removal from the calender.

I'm not that worried about having to move, although finding a house big enough and a landlord slightly dumb enough to rent to a family with five teenagers and a jack russell can be a challenge...but we have always had pretty good luck in the rental department...keeping our fingers crossed.

I have been praying for weeks that something would force my dad's hand...so I was surprised at the sense of instant betrayal and sadness I felt...I'm grateful someone had the courage to report their concerns, I just wish this could be different.

It was done anonymously so we know few details of the report, but from the social workers visit we know Dad was frail and skinny, didn't know the day of the week, date, or who the president was, and there were concerns about his daily care.

Sadness, fear, anger (dammit, I won the parent lottery)...My heart hurts...But as I reflect on the nightmare our dear friends are experiencing, I remember instantly that my worries are fleeting, really....


 A new house will be found and Dad....

We were comforted and sustained as we walked this same journey with my Mom and I have no doubt that we will find the strength again.

But Wednesdays you owe me an apology, BIG TIME!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robin thought I would look up some stuff about wednesday to cheer you up so that you could change your mind about that day of the week. Well it seems you are not the only one who hates Wed so have a look at these songs about Wed and see what others have to say about it. :-) http://www.lyrics.net/lyrics/wednesday

    ReplyDelete