Monday, February 20, 2012

Miracle Worker

I've always since becoming an adult, have deeply respected my sister, but today she moved up to near god like status in my books....My favorite sister was able to get my very confused and often defiant Dad into a doctors office (Kelli's DR agreed to see Dad) for the first time in more than thirty years. Yup, she's a miracle worker.

Dad kicked up a fuss, refused to shower and it was pretty iffy all morning if the said doctors visit would happen...but it did.

They did a full physical, blood work, a confusion and depression test, a chest x-ray etc....he has an MRI on Wednesday and sees the podiatrist....Its a start and I hope that we can quickly be led in a direction that will get my Dad the help he has need for so long.

My Dad apparently tolerated the office better than we thought until the Chest X-Ray and EKG....."Robin, there was cursing, lots of cursing" Kelli said....I started to laugh,{ I too, can say the occasional good curse word :) (you know, child birth, spill kool-aid on the carpet, stubbing a toe) I can't help my genetics ;) } But my sister rarely swears (see, god-like)  PLUS she lives in a very conservative, very Mormon, very small town. "Sorry Kelli, I'm sure they've heard it before..." "I'm not too sure about that"....

I am just so thankful to Kelli and all she has done to bring my Dad home and keep him safe....She is an absolute miracle worker in my books :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment