Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Let's Just Skip It....

I wish I could just write a funny story about how Dallyn came home and told me all the pick up lines he had learned at school today "My mouth is full of Skittles, wanna taste the rainbow" was the tamest one....sigh. Or how Holly and I went through Mickey D's drive-thru and as we were driving away Holly says "Mom, what's that cool airy feeling...."Holly your window is still down?!" "Oh sorry, it's dark, I couldn't tell"


But February 22 is a day I have spent years trying to figure out how to skip....The anniversary of my mom's death,will never be my favourite day...When I opened my email at six this morning, I couldn't believe what I was reading...

"Just FYI, Dad fell in the bathroom early this morning...Couldn't get up, was like that for 45 minutes before I found him, doesn't have any serious injuries, but is severely confused...I'll let you know after I call the DR..."

What is with the deja vu with my parents...9 years ago this morning my mom passed away after falling in the bathroom while in care...

If this had happened just a few weeks ago in his own home, we wouldn't have found Dad for who knows how long.

A multitude of tests were run on Monday and my sister did manage to get my Dad to his MRI this afternoon, in spite of the early morning drama. A home care assessment will now be done on Friday to help support him until..... Now I am just praying that we can find some answers, that explain his rapid decline and help us find the right level of care...

My crazy, wish- I- had- skipped- day continued....A few important lessons learned...

Kindness softens hearts and fashions friends

Its all in the delivery

Eat your Triple-O's double cheese burger while its still HOT :)

When someone offers to buy you pizza for dinner...LET THEM

Next year I vote Hawaii in February, especially the third week of the month :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment