Monday, June 9, 2014

Moving On.

So today we made the best investment EVER in our blissful, perfect, ummm "happy" marriage....
 
We hired MOVERS!!!
 
A few weeks ago, we actually bought a house, not too far from where we are now, on a street named after Superman...See we can be grown-ups. And even though our possession date isn't until the middle of Summer...I have realized rather quickly that it was probably worth the money to hire help.
 
 I actually want/ like to pack, because it forces me to de junk and organize all our crap stuff. But after 21 years Grant and I still can't rearrange the living room, without a heated discussion...So we are leaving the MOVING part to the professionals.
 
My neurotic self has already started packing...
 
Any time we move (this will be our 14th in 21 years) we clear out a bedroom (Bailey made this easy)... and put the boxes in there as they are packed...It keeps the house livable and makes it easy to see what still needs to be packed....
 
 
Its crazy, even with all the moves, how much stuff we have acquired! I'm finding this packing oddly therapeutic, happy to finally be putting roots somewhere after more than 10 years...
 
Today's task, tackling my fabric stash...

Its down to,12 big totes, plus a dresser full of scraps...(I turfed 2 huge bags)
{I am not a hoarder, I am not a hoarder, I am not a hoarder}
 
So its going to be a busy, busy Summer. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment