Saturday, January 3, 2015

Chasing Christmas.

Another year chasing Christmas....its a hard time for year for both of us, albeit for very different reasons...

So Superman "surprised" me (told me a few hours before we left) with a trip to Yahk, Christmas Eve, taking everybody to his parents for a few days....something I never would have agreed to before hand.....I won't tell you my reaction or what I said, but I will tell you I would have been more excited to get in the van and go to the dentist and the gynecologist at the SAME TIME. Not even lying....

I don't know what it is about the van, but the minute Superman and I go any where we fight like little girls. Add traffic and even the slight possibility of icy, snowy roads and it turns into some sad reality show in no time....

Realizing that there was no getting out of it I was a big girl and got in the Van, in tears, and rode the whole way in the backseat ....

Grant decided to do down through Washington and skip the 9 mountain passes in BC, its longer in distance but way shorter in time, being 4-lane divided freeway most of the way....

We left the Island on the 5:45 pm boat and pulled into Yahk at 7 am Christmas morning....

I will admit now that it was a GREAT Christmas....





Skyping with Bailey with the entire family, in Grandma and Grandpa's cabin was the best Christmas moment ever.

Then it decided to snow....the kids LOVED it.....







But when we woke up to almost a foot of snow the morning we had to leave, I DREADED the trip home....
 
The highway to the boarder the morning...
(we had snow tires and Grant's an awesome winter driver) ...but I HATE snowy roads....
 
 
Thank Heavens, the roads were only snowy for the first 100 miles and two hours from YAHK it was clear....



We had a wonderful Christmas and I forgave Superman by the time we got home, SAFELY....But next time the SURPRISE better be "We're going to Mexico" or "I found a $100 bill in my pocket!"

OKAY?!
Kay!


0 comments:

Post a Comment