Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Little House Living



I've spent the past two weeks reading all of the Little House on the Prairie, books in order. Amen to Amazon and finding a kindle addition of the series for like $4. I've never read any of them, but the TV show was my all time favourite...

Watching the tv show as a young girl, I always dreamed of being Laura, riding in a wagon and carrying my lunch to school, in a little pail. The simplicity of the life for the ingalls was in every way a stark contrast to ours in crazy Orange County. Oh to be an Ingalls...

Well the books surprised me. With the simplistic life came ignorance and judgement. While still kinda charming, my desire to be an Ingalls is mostly gone...

While I still seek the simplest things in life, I'm grateful for things like medical care and the ability to stay connected with friends and family and the fact that I don't have to wear corsets petticoats and dresses. Can you imagine how cranky I'd be in such attire? And the whole prim and proper thing, I would have been utterly, hopeless. 

So yeah I don't think I'll be living in a little house anytime, ever. Unless that prairie has wifi and I can wear yoga pants. :)







0 comments:

Post a Comment